Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sheet Cake

Cake
Mix in a medium saucepan (stir by hand):
2 sticks margarine
1 cup water
¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa

Cook to a boil, remove from heat and add (use hand mixer):

(I put the following ingredients in a separate bowl and pour the mixture in)

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
½ cup buttermilk (or milk soured with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour in cookie sheet with sides. Batter will be runny.

Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Frosting
(I stir the frosting by hand)

In a small saucepan bring to boil:
1 stick margarine
¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa
1/3 cup milk

Turn off and add:
1 pound powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)

Make sure cake is cool before making frosting. You must quickly spread the frosting as soon as you are done making it because it will harden.

Serve with Vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment