1 pkg long grain & wild rice
1 lg. (family size) can of chicken and rice soup
1 regular can cream of chicken soup
2 cans of chicken broth (I add more like 4 cans depending on thickness)
1 rotisserie chicken picked off the bone (can also use canned chicken or pre-cooked chicken strips cut up)
1 tsp. garlic
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
Tony's Creole Seasoning to taste (canuse salt or seasoned salt)
Dash of ground pepper
Prepare the rice according to package directions
Mix together all ingredients in a soup pot
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer until ready to use
The longer it cooks the more the flavors combine
I also throw this together in the morning & put it in the crock pot for the day. I serve w/ a nice loaf of bakery made whole grain bread.
(from Lisa)
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment